Σάββατο 14 Μαρτίου 2009

Un orange boheme in a peculiar situation

Hmm, this is a strange world for un orange boheme to be a part of, I guess! What shall I write then, to start with? It's a sunny morning today, cotton-like clouds are waving on the sky, sun is shining, the wind is blowing the trees' branches and leaves,and spring is trying to visit this tired town...
...nobody raise their voices... just another night in Nantes....


(no,i don't live in Nantes! I wish I were, actually)


Beirut are a cool band to listen to. That's what I'm doin' now. I totally adore their music, it makes me dream and forget things I'm concerned about. They make life so much easier...





...and I'll gamble away my fright, and I'll gamble away my time...and in a year, a year or so this will slip into the sea....


Zach Condon, the band's singer, has done one of the most fantastic things some one could do in his life! Born in New Mexico, in the age of 16 he dropped school and travelled to Europe for four months with his brother Ryan at the age of 17...He stayied in Paris and became aware of Balkan folk music, which inspired his later work...Isn't this perfect?Leaving everything behind you to travel the world, to meet different cultures and people, their history and customs, their lives...



Travel the world... this is one of my greatest dreams. I' d love to own a hot-air ballon as well, to travel the world in 80 days, have the world under my feet... Oh, I can't wait to finish school, it delays so much my living. A friend of mine and me claim that, by the time we finish it, will travel Europe by Interrail train, we' ll see all those dreamy places a world like this can have...'

...if I was young, I'd flee this town, I'd bury my dreams underground as did I, we drink to die, we drink tonight....

And now, I'm ending this post with a french song, one of my favorites. It is called 'Je me suis fait tout petit' by Georges Brassens.

À bientôt!

2 σχόλια:

  1. ok, tha grapso sta ellinika (proti fora sto blogger!). euxaristo poli gia ta kala sou logia sto blog m! eisai poli glikia
    kai tora edo. latreuo ton titlo tou blog s. einai poli surrealistikos! hehe
    kai fisika tous beirut! kathe fora pou akouo ta tragoudia tous niotho san na me exoun apagagei europaioi tsigganoi kai tous vlepo na xoreoun guro apo foties! gaahh i'm really sorry for this nonsense! ;p
    xx

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή
  2. oh how i long so much to travel the world too. can i come along on your hot air balloon? i'm so ashamed to say i've never really been anywhere exotic. i've been to germany and austria which was nice, but i want to go to so many more places.
    xoxo,
    Micaela

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή