Δευτέρα 22 Ιουνίου 2009

I'll sing of the usual spin, getting sadder and older, oh love



Marching to the sea
their dreams stay in the shadows
their dreams stay firmly rooted in the shallows
See the scraping sky
See my destination there tonight




See the scraping sky
Far beyond the shallows
Far beyond the reaches of the shadows



Let's go and sit by the seashore!
It's really beautiful at this time of the year...
...mid - June...
...the sea is waiting for us!
Where are you, my lover?
What melody will lead you back home?




Haven't you seen the swimmers yet
playing with their own shadows?
The reflection of themselves
has always been the best way to gamble their time on,
and the reflection of their lovers

the best possible way to gamble their lives on.


Sea Within a Sea

Some say we walk alone

Barefoot on wicked stone no light

and sanctuary found never waits around awhile





I have seen the waves breaking onto the rocks

while trying to hug them...



and felt 'the wind in my hair,

a flood in my tear'



How the wave runs wild!


Though youth may fade with boyhood´s cares

New fear will catch us unawares

I know it will...


******


Photos by me, except the one my hair shows, which was taken by my friend... They were all taken in the beach near my grandmother's house - I paid her a visit this weekend with my family and best friend. The words in the italics are from the 'Sea within a sea' song by The Horrors, rest mine ('What melody will lead you back home' was inspired from the 'Cliquot' song by Beirut actually!).

School is over at last, however that doesn't really mean I'm going to rest until September the 11th,I think, that school starts again. I'm going to study quite hard -I'm supposed to,actually, but I'll try to make it anyway-to prepare myself for the final exams that I am to sit in less than a year, in order to enter the University (I want to study primarily Psychology and then Drama and Art in general). I feel like having lots and lots of things to do, learn, feel and offer in my life, and this final school year will be harsh but totally decisive in those prospects of mine...feeling like life gets shorter and shorter however long my dreams and needs are getting day by day, a dead-end that seems to be created in that dream-maker maze of my mind...


*****



Set your sail now, it's time we left...

Au revoir à tous et à toutes xx

6 σχόλια:

  1. thank you for your kind words!
    i like your blog and your view on life!!

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή
  2. These photos desperately make me want to go to the beach!

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή
  3. ha skeftomoun to idio pragma simera! oti tha prepei na diavaso toso poli to xronou kai dn 3ero pos tha to ante3o eno giro mou tha iparxoun tosa pragmata na do kai na ziso. to ekpaideutiko sistima katastrefei, telos!
    nai nai arketa me auto to vareto thema.! oi photographies einai poli omorfes, eidika autes me tis skies! nomizo oti exeis poli talento kai poli oraies idees!

    xx

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή
  4. I love the reflections of the sun on the water! I want to go to the beach now.

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή
  5. beautiful words and gorgeous beach photos! i love the one with the person walking. good luck with all your studying :)
    xoxo,
    Micaela

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή
  6. Ooh, I love your own words interspersed with the lyrics. And your photos are gorgeous - I just got back from a week by the sea in Greece this afternoon and these pictures made me miss it a little less.
    Best of fortune with the studying - having such a great dream as your end goal must give you so much focus, I hope!
    xx

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή